This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Mainframe Developer
, working in Banking/Finance
industry in 385 Rifle Camp Road Garret Tower , Woodland Park, New Jersey, United States
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale mainframe computer system.
- Maintains and develops on-line and batch application programs.
- Develops and implements a disaster recovery plan. Works with project members to develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project leader or manager.
- Leads technical design, development, integration, testing, installation, documentation, and maintenance of highly complex business applications.
- Develops solutions to highly complex business and technical problems, and also coach technical staff regarding software development and tools.
Our client provides agile consulting and staffing. Helping organizations fulfill their most important initiatives and opportunities. For 30 years. From coast-to-coast.
Developing long-term relationships. Successfully retaining clients and placing consultants through multiple engagements.
Providing you with the support, care, and attention you deserve. With advocates available 24x7 to help you with questions and concerns. This personal care together with great work has resulted in a 4.4 Glassdoor rating.
Join the most talented professionals in the industry working on strategic and world-class programs.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience
Understanding of Cobol, CICS and DB2, knowledge of MQ is a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Experience with Mainframe development (i.e., Z/OS operating system, COBOL, or Natural) or Web (primarily .Net with Visual Basic, Java, CSS) development preferred
- 8-10+ years of relevant work experience required
- Extensive experience in technical applications and/or information systems, or equivalent
- Strong system design, software engineering, problem solving, analytical and research skills
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle including systems design, database systems, networking, operating systems, programming techniques, and technical documentation
Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?