This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Clinical Technologist - Microbiology
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in 451 Clarkson Avenue, Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Performs clinical testing in laboratory areas where he/she is fully trained and in compliance with Federal, NYSDOH, CAP and TJC standards.
- Complies with all laboratory procedures and obtains or receives laboratory specimens which include blood, urine, and body fluids; performs clinical laboratory tests, and obtains data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Understands the principles of and competently performs a variety of techniques in both manual and automated testing.
- Works independently, organizing work to meet established deadlines; records and files all data obtained.
- Ascertains that specimen are acceptable and suitable for culture and susceptibility testing.
- Ensures that blood specimens received for enzyme immunoassay (EIA) and molecular testing are properly handled and are suitable for testing.
- Inoculates and streaks specimens received for culture in selective agar plates.
- Prepares, stains, and reads smears for bacterial and fungal observation.
- Loads and unloads blood culture bottles from analyzer.
- Processes positive blood culture bottles.
- Performs culture and susceptibility testing.
- Performs rapid testing, latex testing, and EIA testing.
- Performs testing in the STD Lab to rule out sexually transmitted diseases in the clinic area.
- Performs proficiency testing in the same manner as patient samples.
- Demonstrates ability to follow standard and complex scientific laboratory methods and procedures.
- Participates in non-routine testing procedures in association with specialized research program(s); makes suggestions to minor modifications to procedures, techniques, and tests as appropriate and required.
- Enters clinical results from analyses of diagnostic tests and other data in the Laboratory Information System (LIS).
- Reports critical value results promptly and documents them immediately as per laboratory established guidelines.
Our client is woman-owned and operated. Providing Staffing and IT Professional Services since 2002. As committed to you as to their customers.
Providing ambitious employees like you with great benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision and Dental, Life and AD&D, 401k, and Long Term Disability.
More than that, providing you with opportunities to work with some of the best companies to be found locally and nationally. Opportunities to work with different organizations in various industries. Opportunities to learn new skills and gain valuable experience.
Is this the right opportunity for you? Get started today!
Experience Required for Your Success
- 1 year Microbiology Clinical Technologist experience.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?