Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Patient Care Associate - Med/Surg
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in 760 Broadway, New York, New York, 11206, United States
- Checks vital signs, weights, and measures patients, obtains specimens and records findings on patient’s chart.
- Instructs patients on how to obtain specimens for laboratory testing and performs basic specimen screening testing through dipstick and hemoccult.
- Prepares collected specimens for pick-up by labeling and preparing required form(s). Picks-up lab results.
- Performs vision and hearing testing and simple urinalysis.
- Administers emergency first aid, including basic life support procedures.
- Performs simple first aid such as dressing changes, bandaging, and cleansing of wounds, irrigation and cleansing of ears.
- Prepares patient for examination and assists medical provider during examination by providing necessary supplies/equipment.
- Prepares examining room for examination including cleaning and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
- Informs patients on proper preparation for various medical testing.
- Conducts interview of client to obtain routine personal and medical information and appropriate health history.
- Maintains, completes, processes and files patients’ charts, appropriate forms and documents.
- Reports observations of patient to medical staff caring for patient to ensure professional assessment.
- Answers routine inquiries of patients in person or via telephone and makes appropriate referrals.
- Participates in informing patients and their families of health care services and achieving healthful, safe living.
- Maintains inventory of the unit’s equipment stock and supplies.
- Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Directs and escorts patients to other hospital departments and/or facilities, as needed.
- Coordinates efforts of various clinic and facility departments in scheduling and rebooking appointments through manual and/or automated systems and enters pertinent patient information into hospital data systems.
- Obtains blood specimens for laboratory testing by performing venipuncture and/or fingerstick testing.
- Operates electrocardiograph equipment to record electrical wave tracing of the electrical currents of the heart muscle.
Our client is woman-owned and operated. Providing Staffing and IT Professional Services since 2002. As committed to you as to their customers.
Providing ambitious employees like you with great benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision and Dental, Life and AD&D, 401k, and Long Term Disability.
More than that, providing you with opportunities to work with some of the best companies to be found locally and nationally. Opportunities to work with different organizations in various industries. Opportunities to learn new skills and gain valuable experience.
Is this the right opportunity for you? Get started today!
Experience Required for Your Success
- 2 years of med/surg experience required
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?