Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
- Assesses the nutritional needs of patients and develops appropriate care plans.
- Documents in the patient’s medical record, the patient’s diet prescriptions with the prescribed allowance for calories, protein, sodium, and fluid within one week of the patient’s initiation of hemodialysis.
- Documents nutritional follow-up with a notation in medical record regarding dietary compliance and current nutritional needs, i.e. follow-up nutritional assessment, and plan of action to be recorded monthly or as needed.
- Interviews and instructs patient to obtain information regarding food habits and preferences for guidance in planning diet.
- Assists patients to maintain an adequate diet through education and monitoring of food consumption.
- Instructs patients and/or their relatives regarding the Types and quantities of foods and methods of food preparation.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of the department policies and procedures.
- Maintains communication and a good working relationship with the personnel involved in inpatient food service, medical and nursing staff.
- Participates in various activities such as medical conferences, lectures, inter and intra departmental meetings, classes, etc.
- Participates in the development of quality assurance audits.
- Assists in the orientation, training, supervision, and evaluation of nutrition students.
- Participates in orientation and in-service programs and staff meetings for Dietitian as appropriate.
- Plans and conducts in service programs regarding nutrition and renal disease to Dialysis staff and other health care team members.
- Maintains continuing education by attending seminars, workshops, or courses to remain informed about current trends in renal nutrition, dietetic service and related areas.
- Performs related duties, as necessary.
Our client is woman-owned and operated. Providing Staffing and IT Professional Services since 2002. As committed to you as to their customers.
Providing ambitious employees like you with great benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision and Dental, Life and AD&D, 401k, and Long Term Disability.
More than that, providing you with opportunities to work with some of the best companies to be found locally and nationally. Opportunities to work with different organizations in various industries. Opportunities to learn new skills and gain valuable experience.
Is this the right opportunity for you? Get started today!
Experience Required for Your Success
- One year experience
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?