Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Claims Examiner
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Review and research paper and EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) medical claims, physician and hospital billings and physician reports.
- Define coverage and process group health, dental, vision and prescription claims on an on-line system.
- Research claims in order to apply the proper limitations and provisions of each plan.
- Read, interpret, understand and apply contract benefits, limitations and provisions.
- Understand and apply insurance laws and regulations.
- Refer to various manuals, fee schedules and reference materials to obtain accurate information.
Our client founded the agency in 2010 and has built one of the top insurance agencies in the nation! Their team’s expert knowledge and enthusiastic leadership has undoubtedly created a thriving agency. They are committed to providing elite insurance services, growing with their network partners, and giving back to the local community.
Experience Required for Your Success
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 codes
- Experience in a healthcare related field required
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel
- 10 key by touch
- Accurate data entry - 40 wpm
- Must be 18 years or older
- Authorized to work in the United States
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?