Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Midrise Construction Superintendent
, working in Engineering/Manufacturing
industry in Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
- Reviews all project plans, contract documents, and work scopes for constructability, dimensional issues, and coordination issues.
- Advises Project Manager of any issues.
- Reviews site logistics plan prior to start of work and advises if any issues.
- Works with Project Manager and Safety Team to set up field office, identify all items required.
- Supervises all other on-site personnel if applicable, including Assistant Superintendent, MEP Superintendent, Finish Superintendent, and Site Safety/Fire Safety Managers.
- Reviews their work plans and ensures that it is being carried out correctly.
- Reviews all submittals prior to installation of work and advises PM if any problems.
- Develops plan of all benchmarks, axis lines, foundation stakes, and other control points needed.
- Periodically double-checks and verifies that control is set correctly, maintained, are properly transferred, and accurately utilized by trades.
- Reviews and maintains standards set, and ensures materials and equipment used are correct.
- Conducts daily inspections of the work and completes Project Quality Control checklists as identified with the project team at the start of the job.
- Enforces the orderly and coordinates completion of work resulting in minimal to no comebacks or punch list.
- Inspects premises at completion and issues punch lists.
- Follows up with trades to ensure completion.
- Conducts weekly meetings with trade foremen.
- Ensures compliance with projectschedule at all times.
- Reviews overall baseline project schedule with Project Manager and advises of any potential issues or discrepancies.
- Creates with Project Manager Major milestone dates and track progress.
- Mobilizes all subcontractors in advance of when they are needed on the job.
Professional Staffing Group is one of Massachusetts’ largest staffing companies. Recruitment leaders count on us for help. You can too!
Why? Because of the great service we provide. We were the "overwhelming winner" of the first Excellence Award for Customer Acquisition and Retention. Our customers’ satisfaction means opportunity for you!
Want to work with someone who cares? We provide staffing to sponsored non-profits. Support scholarships and sponsorships. Give direct assistance to improve employability.
We care about you too! And we have the expertise to help. Do you want help with this opportunity?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- 7-10 years experience running ground up construction projects in NYC
Multifamily experience strongly preferred
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?