Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for an Interior Superintendent
, working in Engineering/Manufacturing
industry in Manhattan, New York, United States
- Reviews all project plans, contract documents, and work scopes for constructability, dimensional issues, and coordination issues.
- Advises Project Manager of any issues.
- Reviews site logistics plan prior to start of work and advises if any issues.
- Works with Project Manager and Safety Team to set up field office and identify all items required.
- Supervises all other on-site personnel if applicable, including Assistant Superindent, MEP Superindent, Finish Superindent, and Site Safety/Fire Safety Managers.
- Reviews all submittals prior to installation of work and advises PM if any problems.
- Develops plan of all benchmarks, axis lines, foundation stakes, and other control points needed.
- Periodically double-checks and verifies that control is set correctly, maintained, properly transferred, and accurately utilized by trades.
- Reviews and maintains standards set, and ensures materials and equipment used are correct.
- Conducts daily inspections of the work and completes project Quality Control checklists as identified with the project team at the start of the job.
- Enforces the orderly and coordinated completion of work resulting in minimal to no comebacks or punch list.
- Inspects premises at completion and issues punch lists.
- Follows up with trades to ensure completion.
- Conducts weekly meetings with trade foremen.
- Ensures compliance with project schedule at all times.
- Reviews overall baseline project schedule with Project Manager and advises of any potential issues or discrepancies.
- Creates major milestone dates and tracks progress.
- Mobilizes all subcontractors in advance of when they are needed on the job.
- Assures that all job conditions are ready for them to start when needed without delay.
- Advises all trades on site of milestones and advises PM of any reason that they may not be met.
- Prepares 2 week schedule look ahead and reviews with trade foremen at weekly meetings.
- Advises PM of any manpower, material or equipment delivery issues which cannot be corrected through communication with field foremen.
- Reviews field work order tickets from subs when required, and signs only if description of work and time is completely accurate.
- Prepares daily reports.
- Monitors safety compliance on jobsite.
- Prepares timesheets for all company labor, if applicable, and other on-site staff.
- Manages workforce efficiently to render jobsite safe and clean, and assures all areas are ready for trades to perform their work as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as may be requested, including but not limited to participating in preplanning for future jobs, conducting evaluations of trade performance, completing project close-out reports, and overseeing completion of post-occupancy repair work.
Professional Staffing Group is one of Massachusetts’ largest staffing companies. Recruitment leaders count on us for help. You can too!
Why? Because of the great service we provide. We were the "overwhelming winner" of the first Excellence Award for Customer Acquisition and Retention. Our customers’ satisfaction means opportunity for you!
Want to work with someone who cares? We provide staffing to sponsored non-profits. Support scholarships and sponsorships. Give direct assistance to improve employability.
We care about you too! And we have the expertise to help. Do you want help with this opportunity?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- 7-10 years experience running ground up construction projects in NYC
Multifamily experience strongly preferred
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?