This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Medical Assistant / Patient Care Technician / Phlebotomist
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in Annapolis, Maryland, 21401, United States
- Accurately registers and schedules patients, prints documents to include the provider's daily schedule
- Ensures that sufficient inventories of medical and office supplies are stocked and maintained in the office and exam rooms.
- Processes the ordering of clinical supplies in accordance with practice standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Quality Assurance/Quality Control standards; completes lab requests, referral and health forms and maintains logs as mandated by state and federal regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Administers injections, EKG's, spirometry, performs phlebotomy, and renders therapeutic treatments (practice specific) as instructed by the physician.
- Understands how to determine patient eligibility using programs such as Medicaid EVS; can consistently identify when a patient is in need of a referral and/or preauthorization.;
- Answers and screens office calls, greets patients in a professional and timely manner; projects proper telephone etiquette; understands when it is acceptable to release patient's protected health information.
- Timely inputs accurate and complete data within the bounds of record access and in compliance with the processes and procedures governing the electronic health record. Accesses patient record information only as it directly pertains to the performance of work duties.
- Obtains patient vital signs and properly documents them in the patient's medical record.
- Interviews, triages and prepares patients to facilitate smooth flow, assists providers in medical examinations, and provides other general assistance to the provider and staff as necessary.
- Demonstrates the I.C.A.R.E. behaviors to improve the patient’s experience
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
Our client is a regional health system based in Annapolis, Maryland. Serving over one million people.
Providing inpatient and outpatient care. Meeting people where they are via many locations throughout the area.
Recognized nationally for joint replacement, emergency heart attack treatment, and cancer care. Ranked second in Maryland for the number of annual births. Championing life with a Level III neonatal unit. They deliver!
Join a diverse and collaborative team. Work with others to innovate the future of health care. Create a healthier tomorrow for yourself and for the over one million people needing and deserving compassionate care. Are you driven to make a difference? Do it here!
Experience Required for Your Success
- Certified Medical Assistant, or Registered Medical Assistant preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Phlebotomy certification with the National Phlebotomy Association or American Society of Clinical Pathology or eligible
- Preferred License /Certifications: Phlebotomy certification with the National Phlebotomy Association or American Society of Clinical Pathology
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification is required.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?