Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Compliance Manager
, working in Real Estate
industry in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
- Oversees completion of files to ensure they are compliant with applicable affordable programs including move-ins, annual recertification, interim recertification, gross rent changes, terminations, and initial certifications
- Reviews calculations for tenants with complex businesses
- Pre-screens and approves potential tenants for eligibility
- Identifies households with income reporting discrepancies and make rent-adjustments
- Ensures all compliance staff adhere to all Department of Urban Development, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act and other laws related to leasing
- Ensures all tenant’s files, its records, and waiting list are maintained in accordance to the governing agency’s standards
- Audits Resident Files for compliance with Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC or Section 42), HUD Section 8, 202, and/or 811 projects
- Educates and counsels residents as to practices, regulations and compliance structure to ensure continued program compliance and uninterrupted rental assistance
- Reviews recertification schedule to ensure all re-certifications are processed at least 60 days prior to the effective date of the certification
- Monitors waitlists and EIV master binders for compliance with federal regulations and requirements.
- Prepares, with assistance from on-site staffs and managers for MOR and other relevant agency audits.
- Drafts and submits responses to audit findings and provide follow-up to local teams to ensure ongoing compliance.
Professional Staffing Group is one of Massachusetts’ largest staffing companies. Recruitment leaders count on us for help. You can too!
Why? Because of the great service we provide. We were the "overwhelming winner" of the first Excellence Award for Customer Acquisition and Retention. Our customers’ satisfaction means opportunity for you!
Want to work with someone who cares? We provide staffing to sponsored non-profits. Support scholarships and sponsorships. Give direct assistance to improve employability.
We care about you too! And we have the expertise to help. Do you want help with this opportunity?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business Administration or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Compliance Officer, Compliance Manager or similar position.
- Strong knowledge of industry processes and regulations.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities are a must.
- An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgement good negotiating skills and strategic thinking in all legal matters
- Basic computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be able to work both independently and in a group setting
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?