Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Safety Engineer
, working in Engineering/Manufacturing
industry in Staten Island, New York, United States
- Maintains and applies knowledge of current health and safety policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Reviews plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure that they meet safety requirements.
- Identifies and corrects potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of various industrial control mechanisms.
- Ensures that buildings or products comply with health and safety regulations, especially after an inspection that required changes.
- Installs safety devices on machinery or directs the installation of these devices.
- Reviews employee safety programs and recommends improvements.
Professional Staffing Group is one of Massachusetts’ largest staffing companies. Recruitment leaders count on us for help. You can too!
Why? Because of the great service we provide. We were the "overwhelming winner" of the first Excellence Award for Customer Acquisition and Retention. Our customers’ satisfaction means opportunity for you!
Want to work with someone who cares? We provide staffing to sponsored non-profits. Support scholarships and sponsorships. Give direct assistance to improve employability.
We care about you too! And we have the expertise to help. Do you want help with this opportunity?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health and Safety or in an Engineering discipline, such as Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Systems Engineering
- 5-12 years experience in New York or New Jersey construction
Organized in the general organizing, planning, communication, time management, scheduling, coordinating resources and meeting deadlines to support the staff in being well structured and run the company successfully
- Ability to keep the organization safe from different risks by developing a high sense of alertness that detects danger from afar and stops it before it causes risk, danger or injury in the organization
- Well-equipped with technical skills to handle any underlying mechanical problem that may arise from wrong scheduling to meeting unique customer needs, budget, legal constraints, environmental and social issues, technology changes and any other management requirements
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?