Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a LTS Scientist III
, working in Pharmaceuticals and Medical Products
industry in 2525 Dupont Drive, Irvine, California, 92612, United States
- Provides scientific leadership as an expert in various biophysical and analytical techniques including but not limited to CD, AUC, DSC, ITC, fluorescence, UV, light scattering, subvisible particle analysis, chromatography, and mass spectrometry. Contributes to the establishment of strategies for the development of analytical methods to monitor purity and stability of biopharmaceuticals and protein reagents.
- Contributes to the design and execution of experiments focused on biophysical characterization of proteins and peptides. Provides scientific expertise in establishing drug substance formulations.
- Maintains of analytical instruments.
Our client is an award-winning clinical development company. Improving lives globally with 20+ years experience in clinical research and strategic resourcing. Elevating results with proven strategies, comprehensive solutions, and customized delivery models.
Serving pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations.
Strong relationships provide you connections and access to great opportunities. Industry expertise sets you up for success with helpful insights, career coaching, and professional training. Grow and learn while you put your skills to work.
Experience Required for Your Success
Education and experience:
- Strong analytical and instrument skills and a thorough understanding and working knowledge of biophysical and analytical method development and validation with emphasis on biophysical methods.
- PhD and 0-4 years of applied experience (MS degree and 6 or more years of applied experience may also qualify)
- Must work with, and/or supervise staff handling potent neurotoxins and in-process samples that may contain toxin-expressing organisms
- Position requires individual to work with Select Agents. Access to, and use of, select agents is covered by Federal policies. Violation of, or failing to support the intent of, Select Agent policies, regulations, or laws can result in substantial fines and/or imprisonment, as well as civil monetary penalties and are considered grounds for dismissal
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Extensive experience with a wide variety of biophysical methods for protein characterization (light scattering, CD, AUC, DSC, ITC, fluorescence, subvisible particle analysis, etc) as well as related separation sciences techniques such as HPLC and capillary electrophoresis
- Skilled in the application of scientific design principles and analytical methodologies to the problems associated with biologicals and/or biopharmaceutical development
- Excellent instrument skills including the use of the associated software
- Experience with performing characterization work for regulatory submissions and/or the development of methods for application within a QC environment is a plus
- Leadership skills sufficient to motivate and develop a small group to ensure maximal productivity and quality results
- A working knowledge of the requirements of working in a GLP or cGMP environment is helpful
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?