Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
- Performs and/or assists in performing all approved serological testing in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Completes all required documentation and performs all required quality assurance/CQI procedures.
- Performs appropriate RBC antigen (e.g., ABO, Rh, etc.) typing using known antisera as per established procedures; groups or types of blood and verifies blood group by back typing.
- Tests serum of blood donors and recipients (using known type A, B or O red blood cells).
- Performs cross matching tests for compatibility.
- Performs and interprets results of antibody detection and identification tests.
- Identifies antibodies in subject blood that could cause adverse reactions.
- Performs routine immunohematology tests as warranted (e.g., DAT, elution) and as assigned.
Our client is woman-owned and operated. Providing Staffing and IT Professional Services since 2002. As committed to you as to their customers.
Providing ambitious employees like you with great benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision and Dental, Life and AD&D, 401k, and Long Term Disability.
More than that, providing you with opportunities to work with some of the best companies to be found locally and nationally. Opportunities to work with different organizations in various industries. Opportunities to learn new skills and gain valuable experience.
Is this the right opportunity for you? Get started today!
Experience Required for Your Success
- 1 year Blood Bank Clinical Laboratory Technologist experience
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Basic familiarity with computerized systems required
- Familiar with most major models of blood bank equipment
- Good analytical skills necessary for testing and typing of blood with the ability to verify compatibility of blood supplies and identify abnormalities for supervisory follow-up
- Ability to appropriately assess the correct action to take during testing, cognizant of patient well-being
- Good interpersonal manner important during delivery of patient support in order to ensure harmonious provision of blood bank services
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?