Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Licensed Vocational Nurse
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in Pasadena, California, 91001, United States
- Supervise healthcare and protect clients while in their care.
- Represent the nursing office at assigned weekly team meetings.
- Transcribe orders, receive verbal orders as needed, and send
orders to the pharmacy per department protocols.
- Administer medications as directed according to agency policy.
- Administer first aid as needed.
- Review lab results with Nursing Supervisor and Psychiatrist
- Review/prepare and distribute special menus in collaboration
with Nursing Supervisor
- Visit and evaluate asthmatic clients on a monthly basis, or
more frequently if necessary, and maintain spirometer readings.
- Schedule individual and group asthma teaching sessions
- Participate in programs designed to help clients acquire
socially acceptable habits of behavior.
- Participate in programs designed to help clients accept their
medical conditions and handle them appropriately.
- Use appropriate authority to set limits for behavior while
clients are in the nurses' office.
- Maintain complete, accurate records of all medications
administered as outlined in agency policy.
- Learn and become familiar with Hillsides' pharmacy
recordkeeping and the legalities involved.
- Provide office coverage in the absence of the Nursing
- Prepare memos and letters as needed.
- Maintain client charts as needed filing pertinent doctor
appointments and psychiatric notes.
- Transport clients to doctor appointments as required, or for
other medical needs and prepare related paperwork in conjunction with
- Weigh and measure clients and maintain monthly records.
- Other duties as required.
Our client is a premier provider dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy. We have provided services to surrounding communities since 1913. We promote a client-driven, strengths-based organization of excellence that embraces communities using Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles that builds trusting, collaborative relationships.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Valid California LVN licensure.
- CPR Certification.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Valid California driver's license, driving record, and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides' insurance carrier.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?