Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for an In-home Outreach Counselor
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in Los Angeles, California, 90022, United States
- Carries out mission, vision, and values established by the
President/CEO and Board of Directors
- Conduct thorough psycho-social assessments using a standardized
tool in-home and assess the well-being and safety of the children within
the home environment.
- Identify family strengths and help improve the overall family
- Collaborate with CSWs and families to implement MCPC and an
individualized family support case plan.
- Meet with the family on a regular basis, as prescribed by the
MCPC case plan, and assess family and home for child safety and risk issues
on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate services for families that include other service providers, as needed.
- Complete all necessary documentation and evaluation tools
according to the project protocol.
- Participate in regularly scheduled multidisciplinary case
planning conferences with the project team.
- Provide in-home counseling, parent education, teaching and
demonstration, case management, crisis intervention, child-focus activities, substitute adult role modeling, and supportive services for
each participating family.
- Advocate, as needed for families and their children to access
- Promote an abstinent and healthy lifestyle for participating
families with a history of substance abuse, domestic violence, and/or child
- Maintain client case files.
- Provide weekly case notes, monthly reports, and mileage to the Program Coordinator by due dates.
- Attend community network meetings and other community meetings
- Maintain a list of active and current community resources
- Reports to the Program Coordinator and meets on a weekly basis.
Our client is a premier provider dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy. We have provided services to surrounding communities since 1913. We promote a client-driven, strengths-based organization of excellence that embraces communities using Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles that builds trusting, collaborative relationships.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Master's degree, preferred or
- Bachelor's degree accepted in a Human Services area with an educational waiver.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children & families.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Valid California driver's license, driving record, and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides' insurance carrier.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?