This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Director of Applications Development and Project Management
, working in Oil and Gas
industry in One Suburban Plaza, Whippany, New Jersey, United States
- Lead and manage several Applications Development Managers and their extended teams.
- Manage direct applications programming activities, which include analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company's information services systems.
- Manage overall application compliance with external and internal audits.
- Develop and manage outsourcing budgets, negotiate contracts and manage relationships with vendors.
- Direct major projects and manage smaller projects, which include planning, prioritizing, coordinating, and reporting group activities (both internal and external resources).
- Oversee and assist staff in troubleshooting required to resolve issues.
- Perform resource management to include mentoring, right-sizing, and formal review process.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures within the PMO and Applications groups and supported business areas.
- Identify and implement application-level security requirements.
- Develop, manage, and review annual department budgets.
- Ensure adherence to department standards, methodologies and policies.
- Lead conversations on future hardware and software requirements.
Our client provides agile consulting and staffing. Helping organizations fulfill their most important initiatives and opportunities. For 30 years. From coast-to-coast.
Developing long-term relationships. Successfully retaining clients and placing consultants through multiple engagements.
Providing you with the support, care, and attention you deserve. With advocates available 24x7 to help you with questions and concerns. This personal care together with great work has resulted in a 4.4 Glassdoor rating.
Join the most talented professionals in the industry working on strategic and world-class programs.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Technical degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or Computer Science; MBA a plus
- 10+ years experience in Information Technology
- 7+ years managing department budgets and direct reports
- Knowledge of both traditional ERP solutions as well as software as a service and configurable applications
- Experience in software applications, in particular, ERP solutions
- Experience with Project Management methodology and a System Development Life Cycle
- PMP certification a plus
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?