This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Medical A/R Specialist
, working in Admin/Clerical
industry in Oak Brook, Illinois, United States
- Ensure all claims are accurately transmitted daily within the team targets and goals.
- Complete follow-up of claims on a timely and pursue unpaid accounts by telephone or electronic inquiry to determine status of payment in accordance with department follow up timeliness.
- Review system generated work list, reports and/or aged trial balances to resolve accounts which have not been paid in the appropriate time frame, based on specific third-party payor contracts and guidelines.
- Review payment denials and discrepancies identified through EOB, Remittance Advices or Payor correspondence and take appropriate action to correct these accounts.
- Employ measures to expedite claim adjudication by resolving issues that may delay processing of payment.
- Involve the patient or guarantor when necessary.
Our client is a 20+ year-old staffing and recruitment leader. Founded on the belief that hiring, training and developing great people would result in outstanding service to clients and to candidates like you. Recognized on Glassdoor’s list of “Best Companies to Work For” in addition to other honors.
Valuing employees. Helping companies grow. Finding the right roles for job seekers. Achieving goals by helping others achieve theirs.
Serving companies of all sizes and across all industries. Specializing in accounting & finance, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, administrative, call center, human resources, and marketing positions. Is this one right for you?
Experience Required for Your Success
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of hospital or physician billing experience required
- Experience in billing or reimbursement for commercial insurance, Medicaid and Medicare
- Med-tech or Epic system experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to communicate clearly and professionally)
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?