Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Data Center Design Engineer (REMOTE)
, working in IT (excluding Telecommunication)
industry in 9414 Clay Rd, Bldg. C, Houston, Texas, 77080, United States
- Act as Principal in Charge (PIC) on projects from conception in the sales pursuit stage through to final billing and client acceptance of the data center design, negotiating fees, conditions, Scopes of Work, and Engineering Change Orders.
- Provide primary technical consulting services to clients in their development of data center strategies and designs to meet their business needs.
- Assign Project Managers and resources to design projects to assure Scopes of Work are completed on time and within projected costs and margins.
- Provide final review and sign-off on all engineering designs and project documents, including Quality Control and Quality Assurance actions before they are submitted to the client for data center development.
- Review data center project progress with the client and provides direct consulting and direction on technical issues related to the design work.
- Lead effort in fostering broad market acceptance of the company's capabilities and services through the strategic development of standard and custom design service packages and related go to- market value propositions.
- Provide oversight and mentoring to engineering staff members in their career path development to attain Professional engineering status and recognition.
Our client is a 20+ year-old IT services company. Connecting IT professionals, like you, with challenging positions at great companies. Taking the time to find your best possible match.
Listening. Following through. Ensuring fit between people, cultures, and attitudes. Creating the type of environment that clients and candidates are eager to return to, again and again.
Discovering better, faster and smarter ways to work together. Consultant retention rates outpace the industry. Most client relationships are measured in decades. Sound interesting? Check this out.
Experience Required for Your Success
- BS or MS Degree in Engineering discipline
- 10-20 years of experience in data center design, project management, or operations
- Licensed Professional Engineer in a data center-related discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection, etc.)
- Authority on data center engineering design projects for which they are directly responsible as the Engineer of Record.
- US Citizen and Green Card (Required)
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?