Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for an IT Program Manager
, working in Manufacturing
industry in 1132 West Blackhawk Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, United States
- Establish R&D Modernization Mission Control and Program Management Office: Lead the initiative to establish one source of truth for internal R&D Modernization, which includes linking existing processes to output clear understanding of budget and resource management across portfolio of R&D Digital initiatives.
- Create appropriate dashboards and visualization tools to capture and track spending and FTE allocations to enable the R&D leaders to understand investment choices and benefits realized through R&D Digitization and Digitalization activities.
- Partner with relevant resources as needed, including Finance, Digital Technology, and R&D subject matter experts to curate the right suite of existing and new tools fit for purpose.
- Perform duties that include coordinating the update of day-to-day work stream and project progress, providing PMO support, tools, and frameworks to ensure progress against deliverables is clear and measurable.
- Provide services with project teams include operationalizing progress reporting, tracking and visualizing benefits, issue capture and corrective action plan, and change management support with R&D stakeholders.
- Facilitate the R&D Modernization Council: the purpose of the council is to manage stakeholder communications and expectations on Program progress across work streams, seek decisions from key decision makers, where applicable, and communicate expectations and outcomes with project teams through appropriate communication mechanisms to maintain alignment, including visual dashboards and newsletters, etc.
- Provide Program Management Coaching and Project Management Support: As digital activities span a nascent spectrum of emerging Digital technologies within R&D, the Program Manager may need to step in to upskill teams on how to work through discovery of digital use cases per a data science framework, put parameters around executing test and learns, and build a roadmap path to scale. This role will need to flex and role model project management approaches and structure to create a proxy for others to follow as the overall Program portfolio and platforms are built up. Duties include running workshops to engage teams and doing roadshow events to spotlight use case successes to increase awareness and adoption.
- Contribute expertise and program management to other ‘added value’ R&D Digital Transformation initiatives to ensure the success of the global R&D organization, including change initiatives.
- Serve as a business strategy partner to key functional teams on the ever present need to balance program delivery and prioritization of strategic initiatives.
- Establish collaborative ways of working and applying situationally appropriate tools (e.g. meeting notes templates, action trackers, timelines, charters, presentation templates, meeting facilitation guides, reporting dashboards, stakeholder communication documents, etc.).
- Focus on the pursuit of continuous improvement of project management activities to maximize the team’s inputs/outputs to achieve our business objectives faster and/or more effectively.
- Ensure that team tacit knowledge is made explicit through the use of business tools for knowledge sharing (SharePoint, One Drive, One Note, etc.) and fosters a team culture of knowledge sharing to maintain business continuity in an environment of constant change in the Digital Transformation arena.
Our client is a 20+ year-old IT services company. Connecting IT professionals, like you, with challenging positions at great companies. Taking the time to find your best possible match.
Listening. Following through. Ensuring fit between people, cultures, and attitudes. Creating the type of environment that clients and candidates are eager to return to, again and again.
Discovering better, faster and smarter ways to work together. Consultant retention rates outpace the industry. Most client relationships are measured in decades. Sound interesting? Check this out.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in science,
engineering, information technology or related digital field.
- PMP project management
certification (or equivalent) strongly preferred
- At least 2 years’ project
- At least 10 years’
professional experience working in a technical environment and/or digital
- 5 years’ experience in
project management and/or PMO preferred.
- Basic awareness of digital
technologies preferred. These include simulation, basic data science
capabilities and data analytics practices, automation applications (eg,
digital workers, PowerApps), and/or artificial intelligence.
- Must demonstrate excellence
in project management skills and attention to details with strong track
record of delivering complex initiatives.
- Strong business acumen with
ability to comprehend complex R&D initiatives and translate into
manageable program scopes with clear deliverables and metrics of success.
Leverage Subject Matter Experts and applicable resources effectively.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?