Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Accountant
, working in Real Estate
industry in Newton, Massachusetts, United States
new or proposed accounting standards with proposals for impacts and
considerations its client companies.
SEC filings (Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K and Correspondence) and provide
assistance to the financial reporting teams, as needed.
research peer companies to assess alignment of accounting conclusions and
disclosures within the real estate and financial service industries.
- Assist with analyzing and documenting its client companies' property activity
including purchase accounting, dispositions and impairment assumptions and
- Assist with special projects and strategic initiatives as they arise, including
documenting and benchmarking internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in managing the SOX 404 program including collaborating with external resources
and the broader accounting team.
- Assist in continually evaluate opportunities to automate processes and procedures to
reduce financial reporting risk.
- Assist in the operational implementation of accounting policy.
- Present technical accounting proponents and analysis to Senior Leadership.
Professional Staffing Group is one of Massachusetts’ largest staffing companies. Recruitment leaders count on us for help. You can too!
Why? Because of the great service we provide. We were the "overwhelming winner" of the first Excellence Award for Customer Acquisition and Retention. Our customers’ satisfaction means opportunity for you!
Want to work with someone who cares? We provide staffing to sponsored non-profits. Support scholarships and sponsorships. Give direct assistance to improve employability.
We care about you too! And we have the expertise to help. Do you want help with this opportunity?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of experience; public accounting (Big 4 preferable) or private industry (large public registrant preferable).
- Strong technical accounting (US GAAP) and business writing skills.
- Experience with public company reporting.
- Excellent client service orientation.
- Strong proficiency with Excel and other Windows applications.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team oriented, problem solver.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams.
- An individual who will challenge the status quo and think outside the box.
- Ability to respond to frequent ad hoc requests.
- Exceptional organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?