This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Medical Assistant - AFM
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in Grass Lake, Michigan, United States
- Perform initial-response screening following protocols approved by supervising provider.
- Escort patient to room andprepares patient for examination, procedure, and treatment.
- Obtain vital signs and record them in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Obtain and record patient history employing critical thinking skills.
- Prepare for, set up, and assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments per protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare, administer, and document oral, and parenteral medications, and immunizations as ordered by the supervising provider, documenting administration following the six rights in the EHR while maintaining accurate medication & immunization records.
- Document care provided during patient visits in EHR.
- Recognize and respond to emergencies.
- Actively monitors & responds timely to patient requests via telephone encounters, In Basket messages, and/or My Chart according to identified time frames and documents responses in the EHR.
- Enter medication, radiology, and lab orders in the electronic health record for provider sign-off.
- Discharge the patient by providing after-visit instructions to the patient and/or caregiver as directed by the provider.
- Enter medication refill orders per protocol.
Experience Required for Your Success
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills are preferred.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of clinical skills related to ambulatory patient care preferred.
- Ability to problem-solve preferred.
- Possess effective interpersonal and communication skills preferred.
- EPIC (Electronic Medical Record) experience is preferred.
- Professionally Recognized Medical Assistant Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA/CMA) or American Medical Technologists (RMA)or National Health Career Associations Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), or National Center for Competency Testing National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA)preferred.
Additional Requirements: (One of the following)
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant program with completion of a formal clinical externship (160-hour minimum).
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program without completion of a clinical externship but with a minimum of one-year experience in clinical medical assisting within the past five (5) years
- Current Professionally Recognized Medical Assistant Certification with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in clinical medical assisting.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Licensed Paramedic/Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) with at least one-year clinical experience in a clinical medical setting within the past five (5) years.
- Military-trained medical personnel with at least one year of clinical experience in a clinical medical setting within the past five (5) years.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?