This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Phlebotomist
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in 2001 Medical Parkway, Annapolis, Maryland, 21401, United States
- Espouses the principals of Lean Thinking and creates a work environment that positively promotes process improvement. Explores opportunities to add value to job (innovative ideas) to benefit the organization and taking ownership of the outcome. Proactively finds other work-related tasks during low census.
- Determines and executes the best method for obtaining biological specimens from patients of all ages as required to include venipuncture, capillary, and heel-stick puncture to ensure quality specimens for testing. Follows the established productivity guidelines with minimal errors.
- Orders appropriate tests in Laboratory Information System (LIS) as requested by authorized provider by accurately reading and interpreting orders and being familiar with test mnemonics. Resolves unusual or unclear test orders by contacting the ordering provider; including missing orders or missing information; responds to requests for lab results and sends appropriate scheduled reports.
- Prepares aliquots of samples and shipping batches to move samples to various locations within the hospital campus as well as to contracted laboratories following vendor protocols. Registers, draws, and ships all client specimens.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations that allow for easy staff interchange. Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation (hand offs).
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory and conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshoots equipment problems to the full extent of ability.
- Practices proper patient identification verification according to standard work; manages work queues to ensure appropriate and complete patient registration including demographic, insurance information, correct date of service, ordering caregiver and special flags.
- Participates actively in the laboratory quality plan/program (ex. investigative reports, notification of delays, etc.).
- Participates in the training of new staff and students by serving as a mentor and technical resource;
Our client is a regional health system based in Annapolis, Maryland. Serving over one million people.
Providing inpatient and outpatient care. Meeting people where they are via many locations throughout the area.
Recognized nationally for joint replacement, emergency heart attack treatment, and cancer care. Ranked second in Maryland for the number of annual births. Championing life with a Level III neonatal unit. They deliver!
Join a diverse and collaborative team. Work with others to innovate the future of health care. Create a healthier tomorrow for yourself and for the over one million people needing and deserving compassionate care. Are you driven to make a difference? Do it here!
Experience Required for Your Success
- High School Diploma or equivalent and
specialized training in phlebotomy.
- Requires travel to various sites.
- Preferred Experience: One year of
experience working in an acute care facility in an equivalent role.
- Phlebotomy certification with the
National Phlebotomy Association or American Society of Clinical Pathology
- Preferred: Current American Heart
Association Health Care Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR
- Preferred License /Certifications:
Phlebotomy certification with the National Phlebotomy Association or
American Society of Clinical Pathology
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?