Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Sourcing Specialist
, working in Oil and Gas
industry in Deer Park, Texas, 77536, United States
- Monitor and action age Purchase Requisitions (PRs), create Purchase Orders (POs), update PO Promise Dates from suppliers, and manage PO schedule changes / react to ERP exception messages in a timely manner.
- Achieve best cost for material with outstanding quality and within customer Need-By date.
- Support Procurement / Fulfillment KPIs; On-time Delivery (OTD), Supplier Promise Date / PO Promise Date accuracy.
- Hold daily / weekly rhythm with strategic suppliers for overall supplier performance & ensure best price & lead times are offered by suppliers.
- Partner with engineering & coordinate with suppliers on design change implementation.
- Develop knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes, material and commodity pricing and excellent focus on quality.
- Partner with Global Commodity Leaders (GCLs) & Site Commodity Leaders to implement cost out strategies and supplier workload management to support Aftermarket needs.
- Be a first line of contact & establish strategic relationship with suppliers.
Our client is a 20+ year-old IT services company. Connecting IT professionals, like you, with challenging positions at great companies. Taking the time to find your best possible match.
Listening. Following through. Ensuring fit between people, cultures, and attitudes. Creating the type of environment that clients and candidates are eager to return to, again and again.
Discovering better, faster and smarter ways to work together. Consultant retention rates outpace the industry. Most client relationships are measured in decades. Sound interesting? Check this out.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain related
- Strong business & financial acumen; understanding of
business operations & O&G industry
- Program / Project management skills with horizontal teams
- High-energy, self-motivated, willing to take on responsibilities across functions & team boundaries, and drive assigned tasks to closure
- Willingness to pressure suppliers and develop recovery plans, set production priorities and detail analysis on product work cycle
- Influence/communication and negotiations skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; supervisory role
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, strong PC and
database management skills
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and frequently
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?