Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Radiology Interventional Technologist
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Explains examination procedure to patients and prepares patient for the examination. Obtains additional information about the patient's medical history as necessary.
- Prepares prescribed contrast median, medications, and IV solutions for administration to patients.
- Reviews clinical data on requisition, analyzes anatomical structure of patient, sets up equipment and, following protocols, and assists Radiologist in performing complex diagnostic invasive procedures.
- Prepares and sets up sterile equipment, physiological monitors, pressure injectors, and imaging equipment required for the procedure. Ensures the adequate supplies such as needles, catheters, etc. are on hand and properly stored. Replenishes supplies as appropriate.
- Is one of the team who actively assesses the patient condition before, during, and following all procedures.
- Manually controls the equipment to obtain the proper diagnostic information for the area of the body being studied.
- Assists with the training of new personnel and/or student who are assigned to the division.
- Performs all imaging procedures by demonstrating the principles of radiation protection: may involve shielding of patients, selection of appropriate equipment settings to reduction dose, using other ALARA techniques, etc.
- PACS: resolves any/all image exceptions and ensures high quality image delivery into PACS; including viewing of images into PACS and confirming image/series counts.
- RIS: completes all study indexing; including study begin, study end, and the completion of the study in the Radiology Information System.
- Reviews and confirms as necessary with Radiologist clinical protocols before preforming study.
- Demonstrates on a consistent basis Team Member Standards of Excellence including AIDET, open communication, responding in a timely manner, displaying a positive attitude, fostering innovation, respecting diversity, etc.
- Performs Quality Assurance procedures as appropriate.
- Performs all documentation in the medical record as necessary, as well as within the radiology information system to support all clinical and billing functions.
Our client is one of North America’s premier staffing firms in assisting mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients in healthcare and information technology roles. Named Best in Staffing for two years in a row, this client hires full-time permanent and contract roles across the country.
Experience Required for Your Success
- High School
Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) with the advanced registry in Cardiac-interventional Radiography (CI); Vascular¬ interventional Radiography (VI), or Cardiovascular-interventional Radiography (CV)
- Must maintain required hours of continued medical education.
- Must maintain a Healthcare Provider certification (BCLS).
- Cardiovascular Technician
- Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Radiologic Tech
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?