This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Technical Support Specialist
, working in IT (excluding Telecommunication)
industry in Lansing, Michigan, United States
- Physically uninstall, move, and reinstall PC device that is currently installed and connected to a network.
- Visit multiple customer sites per day installing/replacing/repairing equipment in a predefined route, potentially spanning multiplicities and/or states.
- Perform correct installation, customer satisfaction, equipment and vehicle safety and a timely and accurate installation schedule.
- Assist customer with an overview of the Device functionality.
- Report any occurrences of Customer dissatisfaction to the appropriate Delivery Management Service resource.
- Assist in the collection of usage pages for Devices when required.
- Provide initial troubleshooting for Device problems or perform spare Device replacements.
- Perform maintenance on Devices as directed by the Delivery Management Service resource.
- Provide end-user training as defined in the Agreement.
- Work on assignments that are routine to moderately complex in nature and require basic problem resolution and independent judgment.
- Organize own tasks and receive general instructions on all work.
Our client is a 20+ year-old IT services company. Connecting IT professionals, like you, with challenging positions at great companies. Taking the time to find your best possible match.
Listening. Following through. Ensuring fit between people, cultures, and attitudes. Creating the type of environment that clients and candidates are eager to return to, again and again.
Discovering better, faster and smarter ways to work together. Consultant retention rates outpace the industry. Most client relationships are measured in decades. Sound interesting? Check this out.
Experience Required for Your Success
- High School Diploma or equivalent; may hold 2-year post-high school Degree (technical field)
- 1-2 years working experience in a related field
- 1-2 years experience in basic troubleshooting skills on PC desktops, laptops and printers
- Customer service experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 50/75 yards as needed
- Willingness to work a variable work schedule for deployment project type work, characterized by extended days and travel during the entire project.
- Ability to read and interpret installation guides, service manuals, site maps and transportation maps
- Ability to accurately conduct equipment inventory
- Demonstrates basic problem recognition on common desktop applications and operating systems
- Demonstrates basic network, laptop, desktop and printer configuration and installation
- Knowledge of LAN design concepts, installation, and troubleshooting without assistance
- May be certified in one or more network operating systems
- Working knowledge of one or more operating systems
- RPOS experience a plus
- Good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?