This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Technical Support
, working in IT (excluding Telecommunication)
industry in Columbus, Ohio, United States
- Physically uninstall, move, and reinstall PC device that is currently installed and connected to a network.
- Provide onsite desk-side software support solutions
- Enable an end-to-end approach, including options for customizing your support plan to address any unique client service level requirements. Examples include operating system reloading, device re-imaging, onsite support, and virus support, on-site installation, data migration, disk sanitation.
- Visit multiple customer sites per day installing/replacing/repairing equipment in a predefined route, potentially spanning multiplicities and/or states.
- Perform correct installation, customer satisfaction, equipment and vehicle safety and a timely and accurate installation schedule.
- Assist customer with an overview of the Device functionality.
- Report any occurrences of Customer dissatisfaction to the appropriate Delivery Management Service resource.
- Assist in the collection of usage pages for Devices when required.
- Provide initial troubleshooting for Device problems or perform spare Device replacements.
- Perform maintenance on Devices as directed by the Delivery Management Service resource.
- Provide end-user training as defined in the Agreement.
- Apply basic knowledge of the job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of assignments/tasks.
Our client is a 20+ year-old IT services company. Connecting IT professionals, like you, with challenging positions at great companies. Taking the time to find your best possible match.
Listening. Following through. Ensuring fit between people, cultures, and attitudes. Creating the type of environment that clients and candidates are eager to return to, again and again.
Discovering better, faster and smarter ways to work together. Consultant retention rates outpace the industry. Most client relationships are measured in decades. Sound interesting? Check this out.
Experience Required for Your Success
- High School Diploma or equivalent; may hold 2-year post-high school Degree (technical field)
- 1-2 experience in basic troubleshooting skills on PC desktops, laptops and printers
- Customer service experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 50/75 yards as needed
- Willingness to work a variable work schedule for deployment project type work, characterized by extended days and travel during the entire project
- Ability to read and interpret installation guides, service manuals, site maps and transportation maps
- Ability to accurately conduct equipment inventory
- Demonstrates basic problem recognition on common desktop applications and operating systems
- Demonstrates basic network, laptop, desktop and printer configuration and installation
- Possesses knowledge of LAN design concepts, installation, and troubleshooting without assistance
- May be certified in one or more network operating systems
- Working knowledge of one or more operating systems
- Thorough detailed reporting of onsite activities
- RPOS experience a plus
- Good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job
- Good driving record / interstate travel required
- Background Check / Drug Screening required
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?