Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for an AVP - Assistant Corporate Controller
, working in Real Estate
industry in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Oversees, actively manages, and develops Corporate Accounting staff by delegating appropriate tasks for their level of experience and knowledge and providing sufficient oversight/guidance and feedback.
- Oversees the monthly and quarterly corporate closing process.
- Analyzes and understands budget and forecast to actual MTD and YTD results.
- Oversees the preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial reports and perform a detailed review prior to submitting them to the SVP, Corporate Controller.
- Oversees the preparation of the monthly MF1 Process financial reports and performs a detailed review prior to submitting them to the SVP, Corporate Controller and our joint venture partner.
- Supports the development of the Berkshire and MF1 annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, measures actual progress against them on a monthly basis, and reports results as part of the Leadership and Board financial reports.
- Reviews and gains a working understanding of all revenue and reimbursement related contracts.
- Reviews all investment management, property management, and redevelopment fee calculations, ensures they are reconciled with the individual fund managers, invoice, and obtain Controller approval.
- Calculates partner distributions on a quarterly basis.
Professional Staffing Group is one of Massachusetts’ largest staffing companies. Recruitment leaders count on us for help. You can too!
Why? Because of the great service we provide. We were the "overwhelming winner" of the first Excellence Award for Customer Acquisition and Retention. Our customers’ satisfaction means opportunity for you!
Want to work with someone who cares? We provide staffing to sponsored non-profits. Support scholarships and sponsorships. Give direct assistance to improve employability.
We care about you too! And we have the expertise to help. Do you want help with this opportunity?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 10-15 years of accounting experience (public and/or private)
- Experience with Yardi a plus
- Strong computer skills and ability to adapt to technology changes
- CPA license and public accounting experience preferred
- Experience in managing, developing, and leading a team
- Forecasting and budgeting experience
- Experience with financial statements preparation and reporting required
Internal controls -
- Registered Investment Adviser/Sarbanes Oxley experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines and managing variable workloads
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?