Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for an Assembly Technician
, working in Manufacturing
industry in Crookston, Minnesota, United States
Are you looking to use your assembly skills in a great new career earning a great wage?
Doherty Staffing Solutions is currently partnering with New Flyer Industries – North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor.
We are seeking Assembly Technicians on 1st and 2nd shifts to join their growing team located in Crookston, MN. Hours for 1st shift are 7:00am-3:30pm, Monday through Friday, and hours for 2nd shift are 4:00pm-12:30am, Monday through Friday. Overtime opportunities may be available before or after shifts, and on Saturdays. Compensation for these direct hire roles is $20.00-$21.10 per hour, depending on shift and experience.
- Performs various tasks in the assembly of busses.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by reviewing assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Ensures quality and consistency in installations and/or assemblies within a specified work area.
- Works from blueprints, process sheets, and/or written instructions, then build to those specifications while utilizing measurement tools and basic math skills.
- Uses working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Regularly lifts and moves up to 10 pounds, frequently lifts and moves up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts and moves up to 50 pounds.
- Bends, stoops, and reaches. Climbs up and down, as well as work using a ladder. Employee will go extended periods of time standing and performing repetitive tasks.
- Ensures workstation is kept clean and in safe working condition.
- Performs the assigned duties and works overtime which is often required to meet production schedules.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Our client has been providing workforce solutions since 1980. Operating 20+ offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. And nearly 25 on-sites.
Working with the best of the Midwest. Connecting great candidates with great companies
Providing flexible employment options to job seekers like you. Offering some of the industry’s best benefits. Taking pride in attracting and retaining a skilled workforce.
From your first job. To the peak of your career. And flexible or short-term opportunities during the busier times of your life. Supporting every stage of your working life. Changing lives one placement at a time.
Experience Required for Your Success
- 1+ years of assembly experience
- Blueprint reading experience
- Excellent hand dexterity
- Must be available to work both 1st and 2nd shifts
- Ability to use small hand and power tools repetitively, as well as measuring equipment and tools
- Ability to read and follow intermediate measurements and instructions with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be a team player, a self-starter and be able to work in a team setting
- Good communication skills, ability to work with little supervision, with excellent time management skills
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?