Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Python / AWS Developer
, working in Media and Entertainment
industry in New York, New York, United States
- Develop and maintain highly scalable, high performance and highly available systems.
- Write well tested, efficient, and readable code. The code should also be strongly structured with a view to reusability.
- Ensure that all deliverables follow best practices around source control and CICD.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Ensure that solutions are in line with the other deliverables of the team and produce documentation so that others learn from and contribute to the work.
- Attend and contribute to meetings; complete tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Our client provides agile consulting and staffing. Helping organizations fulfill their most important initiatives and opportunities. For 30 years. From coast-to-coast.
Developing long-term relationships. Successfully retaining clients and placing consultants through multiple engagements.
Providing you with the support, care, and attention you deserve. With advocates available 24x7 to help you with questions and concerns. This personal care together with great work has resulted in a 4.4 Glassdoor rating.
Join the most talented professionals in the industry working on strategic and world-class programs.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years writing production code in Python
- Strong AWS experience
- AWS certifications a big plus
- Knowledge of building serverless systems with ephemeral compute (e.g. AWS Lambda) and orchestration (e.g. AWS Step Functions)
- Proficiency identifying applicability of design patterns and implementing them
- Proficiency in designing and interacting with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB preferred). Experience with relational databases (SQL Server) is a plus
- Knowledge of building event-driven architectures with message queues and topics
- Knowledge of defining, packaging, and deploying cloud resources. Serverless Framework (sls) or SAM strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of source control (git), unit testing, test driven development, and CICD
- Familiarity with the agile process (stand-ups, planning, estimating, and demoing
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?