This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Facilities and Maintenance Technician III
, working in Manufacturing
industry in Dayton, Ohio, United States
Our company is currently recruiting for a Facilities and Maintenance Technician III at our fulfillment center in Dayton, OH. You will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience to support the fast-paced operations of our dynamic fulfillment center environment. Additionally, you will develop new and valuable skills and experience in growing world of e-commerce fulfillment operations.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of facilities, maintenance, and utilities requirements across a large fulfillment center.
What you'll do:
- Perform maintenance and repair, housekeeping and plumbing, metal fabrication and carpentry to support our fast-paced fulfillment center operations.
- Ensure that all fulfillment center equipment is operating properly and ensure a safe working environment for all your fulfillment team members.
- Complete periodic and general maintenance tasks throughout the facility - as assigned and according to schedule.
- Perform daily inspections of conveyor systems, shipping, and packing equipment areas.
- Maintain accountability for assigned equipment and associated gear list, reducing loss, damage, and defects to zero.
- Complete repair order and maintain parts usage records.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems, you will visually check, test, and evaluate the condition of components, equipment, and circuits.
- Follow company procedures.
Do you like pets? Our client does! They are hungry. They are determined. To be the largest pet retailer in the world. Well, not just the largest. Also the most trusted and most convenient. Operating 24/7 and in 24 locations. There are opportunities for you to grow where you are and where you want to be.
They need your help – delivering products and service for healthy pets and happy people. Don’t be caged in. Take the leash off. Develop clichés about pets. There are as many opportunities as there are different pets. How about this one? Is it one you’d want to brag about to your friends?
Experience Required for Your Success
What you’ll need:
- At least 36 months of previous facility maintenance experience(Mechanics and Maintainers, Construction and Engineering, Aviation and Transportation Repair)
- Experience using appropriate tools and maintenance equipment
- Electrical experience or understanding
- Experience with fire system and fire alarm electronic devices
- Experience with conveyor mechanical systems (belts, drives, tracking valves)
- Experience with VFD motor controllers
- Experience with motor starters and control cabinet
- PLC knowledge - input/outputs troubleshooting or some programming
- HVAC - advanced knowledge or experience.
- Communicate preventative maintenance and repair opportunities as well as escalation of resources outside of normal hours when needed, to ensure system performance
- Ability to demonstrate electrical knowledge of 24v ac/dc control circuits
- Ability to demonstrate electrical knowledge of 120v power & control circuits
- Ability todemonstrate electrical knowledge of 277v-480v power circuits
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination, and good balance to work at ground level, with the ability to climb and work at elevations up to 35 feet above floor level
- Interest in math, electricity, shop mechanics, electric motors, and appliances
- Good at solving problems
- Understanding of potential exposure exists to high voltage current, welding equipment, vehicle and equipment lubricants and solvents
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to read, understand & interpret electrical, pneumatic, & plumbing schematics
- Ability tocommunicate, make sound decisions, work well under pressure
- Ability to recognize problems and repair before breakdown occurs
- Proactive problem solving & mechanical aptitude skills
- Ability and willingness to train others
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?