This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Senior Network Administrator
, working in IT (excluding Telecommunication)
industry in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Provide support to end users and IT support for the network/telephony environment.
- Support includes responding to user inquiries, questions & requests, usually by phone and/or email, but occasionally in person.
- Lead multi-site or company wide network/telephony projects, and report progress on a weekly basis to team and management.
- Plan and implement new technologies within the network/telephony infrastructure.
- Respond and resolve network/telephony outages and perform under pressure.
- Develop LAN/WAN network designs to accommodate a data center migration
- Troubleshoot complex network issues such as performance analysis, protocol problems, hardware failures and WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- Participate in the implementation of agreed upon solutions and strategies.
- Troubleshoot technology issues, using various internal and external resources.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.
Our client is a 20+ year-old staffing and recruitment leader. Founded on the belief that hiring, training and developing great people would result in outstanding service to clients and to candidates like you. Recognized on Glassdoor’s list of “Best Companies to Work For” in addition to other honors.
Valuing employees. Helping companies grow. Finding the right roles for job seekers. Achieving goals by helping others achieve theirs.
Serving companies of all sizes and across all industries. Specializing in accounting & finance, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, administrative, call center, human resources, and marketing positions. Is this one right for you?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Experience with Cisco routing/switching platforms and IOS
- Experience with network topologies such as Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, GbE VLAN, and SONET
- Experience in implementing converged networks to include VoIP, VTC and QoS methods
- Knowledge about SDWAN, Cisco Routers and Switches
- Knowledgeable of TCP/IP protocol use and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience with LAN/WAN setup, TCP/IP protocol, routing/switching configurations and firewall technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge with content switching and load balancers
- VoIP component configuration and deployment experience is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Juniper platforms is a plus
- General knowledge of systems and enterprise storage technologies
- Expert-level routing and switching experience to include: VRF's, VLAN's, Subnetting, QoS, VPN's, HSRP Experience with VRRP preferred, BFD, Virtual-Link Trunking (Dell), DHCP Pools, ACL's, Content Filtering, NAT & PAT, Loop Detect (Cisco), DHCP Snooping, SSH, VTP, SNMPv3, Radius or Tacacs+, Port Security
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set up and configure routers, switches, firewalls, VPN's, printers, fax machines, and other network devices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently as required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?