This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Project Manager
, working in Education
industry in New York, New York, 10012, United States
- Lead and implement information technology projects to meet business needs and objectives.
- Consult with stakeholders, user groups, and technical staff to describe and define scope of project, technical specifications, resource requirements, schedule, and provide suggested actions to complex technical problems in order to meet project and/or plan objectives.
- Analyze feedback and reports into actionable deliverables.
- Create and maintain project plan and schedule throughout project lifecycle.
- Capture, document, monitor, and/or mitigate risks and issues.
- Work across business units to ensure proper human resource allocation to ensure expected delivery time and quality.
- Manage project staff, providing them with tasks and timelines to help them organize and prioritize their work.
- Provide ongoing support for assigned projects, including writing technical documentation, developing user manuals, and developing and conducting training sessions.
- Provide practical and economical solutions to new business needs and recommend refinement and/or modification of workflows; prepare feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis.
- Manage the tracking, updating, and reporting of project statuses in the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) system of record.
- Identify service rollout needs and service level agreement implications.
- Provide reports to management on the progress of managed projects.
- Support the scoping and long-term planning of new projects and how they relate, identifying interdependencies.
Our client provides agile consulting and staffing. Helping organizations fulfill their most important initiatives and opportunities. For 30 years. From coast-to-coast.
Developing long-term relationships. Successfully retaining clients and placing consultants through multiple engagements.
Providing you with the support, care, and attention you deserve. With advocates available 24x7 to help you with questions and concerns. This personal care together with great work has resulted in a 4.4 Glassdoor rating.
Join the most talented professionals in the industry working on strategic and world-class programs.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelors Degree or PMP, or equivalent background. Technical certification or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical project delivery, preferably in a nonprofit or higher education environment
- 2+ years of experience leading project planning and delivery within a PMO environment
- Experience leading subject matter experts and distributed teams in the delivery of technical projects
- Broad experience working with, negotiating with, and managing the performance of external vendors
- Experience working with offshore and/or geographically distributed project teams and resources
- Thorough operational understanding of project management frameworks
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in complex teams
- Excellent written and verbal executive communication skills
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?