Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Travel Sonographer
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in Washington, United States
Pay Rate: $48+ an hour, plus travel per diemate: $48+ an hour, plus travel per diem
Are you a Sonographer who is looking to grow their career with an innovative company known for Medical Imaging?
Our client offers access to industry experts (they design and maintain these systems we work on) with ongoing training and education.
As a Travel Sonographer, you’ll work for some of the best healthcare companies across the US. Contracts for specific locations last from 12 weeks up to a year.
Their culture is based around a team of highly dedicated employees worldwide who are innovating every day, truly shaping the future of healthcare. They are passionate about healthcare and are engineers and they don’t walk away from a problem before it is solved.
In this role the successful candidates will function as a Sonographer and perform a variety of technical procedures serving patients including infants through adult geriatrics.
- Performing diagnostic general imaging ultrasound examinations according to AIUM and ACR guidelines for procedures and scanning protocols.
- Locating and imaging internal elements of the body, including blood vessels and organs, and identifying any anomalies indicative of disease, injury, or other medically significant conditions.
- Providing a wide range of highly technical diagnostic exams including but not limited to: breast, abdominal, small parts and OB/GYN.
- Ensuring patient safety, monitoring the patient for potentially dangerous physical and/or emotional change.
- Evaluating test results for clarity and accuracy.
- Reviewing patient case studies with peers and physician.
- Informing physicians of preliminary findings as requested according to department procedures.
- Distributing completed test results to physicians and service providers.
- Preparing diagnostic information for physician interpretation.
- Maintaining patient charts, entering diagnosis and billing codes, logging data into patient information systems, and updating file systems for tests performed.
- Cleaning and sterilizing equipment and work space.
- Recognizing equipment malfunctions and readjusting equipment or requesting for system repair.
- Instructing patients in pretest preparation, answering questions, and explaining procedures.
- Complying with Siemens, hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintaining equipment according to Infection Control procedure.
- Maintaining technical competency through continued education.
- Performing equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems.
- Following quality assurance guidelines and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Abiding by all HIPAA standards for patient privacy.
- Abiding by all OSHA standards for safety regulations.
- Performing additional duties as required.
Our client is looking for people. Technical people. People who want to learn, innovate, and contribute. People who want to shape the future of healthcare. Join their worldwide team of 60,000-plus employees. Make your mark on our future.
Help develop, manufacture, and sell innovative imaging, diagnostic and therapies products. Provide clinical consulting, training, and service that support decisions and improve treatments for life.
Do you have passion for healthcare? Expertise in your field? A pioneering spirit? Maybe this is for you! If you really are pioneering, why not give it a shot?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Ultrasound background with a minimum of 2 years clinical experience required, specifically in the specialties of general, breast and abdomen
- Acuson S2000 experience preferred
- Valid ARDMS license
- Valid CPR certification
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal needed
- Interact with client personnel and team members in an autonomous responsible, professional and ethical manner
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?