Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for a Senior Property Accountant
, working in Real Estate
industry in Braintree, Massachusetts, United States
- Records monthly gross potential rents, loss/gain to lease
- Performs all monthly account reconciliations and updates supporting analyticalschedules on a timely basis (cash, intercompany accounts,
accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, accounts payable, accrued expenses).
- Recalculates and adjusts management fees as required. Ensures timely payments of monthly mortgages and quarterly
real estate tax payments.
- Creates and maintains recurring payables and journal
entries for each property as needed.
- Processes non-standard or non-recurring payables and
journal entries as necessary.
- Analyzes, calculates and records monthly accrued expenses
- Reviews and analyzes monthly general ledger activity,
researches and resolves with property management personnel and record any adjusting or
reclassifying entries necessary.
- Completes month-end closing and prepares and submits periodic reporting packages to lenders and/or investors.
- Monitors available cash on an ongoing basis.
- Processes and records cash transfers (wires, intercompany
transfers, accounts payable and payroll funding, ownership distributions) as
- Documents and/or updates accounting procedures.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities to be
- Acts as the project manager on specific accounting,
inter-departmental and software application initiatives as identified.
Professional Staffing Group is one of Massachusetts’ largest staffing companies. Recruitment leaders count on us for help. You can too!
Why? Because of the great service we provide. We were the "overwhelming winner" of the first Excellence Award for Customer Acquisition and Retention. Our customers’ satisfaction means opportunity for you!
Want to work with someone who cares? We provide staffing to sponsored non-profits. Support scholarships and sponsorships. Give direct assistance to improve employability.
We care about you too! And we have the expertise to help. Do you want help with this opportunity?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- 7 years of accounting and 3 years residential property (multi-family housing) experience.
- Some prior experience with Yardi software required
Proficient in transactional and standard report proficiency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, with intermediate (or higher) level Excel skills
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?