Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Scrum Master
, working in Real Estate
industry in New York, New York, United States
- Deliver maximum value to the customer.
- Serve the team and product owner to turn requirements into working software, track progress, metrics and reporting, build relationships, and help the team achieve their commitments.
- Work with several concurrent teams that could cross multiple business units.
- Execute and work in collaboration with the Development Team Leader, Technical Product Manager, and Business Product Owner.
- Coach the scrum team to self-organize and create high-value products and remove impediments to the Teams’ progress.
- Facilitate all scrum events and support the team in following the Scrum framework. In addition, the Scrum Master will also handle some project management duties, including communication of status, budget oversight, approvals for expenditure, and risk/issue monitoring.
- Authorize user stories, acceptance criteria and testing.
Our client provides agile consulting and staffing. Helping organizations fulfill their most important initiatives and opportunities. For 30 years. From coast-to-coast.
Developing long-term relationships. Successfully retaining clients and placing consultants through multiple engagements.
Providing you with the support, care, and attention you deserve. With advocates available 24x7 to help you with questions and concerns. This personal care together with great work has resulted in a 4.4 Glassdoor rating.
Join the most talented professionals in the industry working on strategic and world-class programs.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor's Degree - Information Technology or business or related field
- 3+ years experience playing the Scrum Master role for a Scrum team
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM ) (PSM), PMI-ACP
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Nexus, LeSS, SAFe, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration
- Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Exceptional people skills
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of people and serving as an arbitrator when conflicts arise
- Exceptional communication and mentoring skills
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Agile tools such as Jira, Rally, or equivalent Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Understanding of financial controls needed in project management and consulting work
- Experience with Budget tracking
- In-depth understanding of how to scope and estimate work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Background in handling budgets, status reporting, and executive presentations
- Solid understanding of the importance of planning, roadmaps, and the ability to educate product owners as well as the entire scrum team in those practices
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?