Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Systems Engineer
, working in Media and Entertainment
industry in Burbank, California, United States
- Implements existing base standards for new systems and/or applications with mentoring for all of the following: site monitoring and instrumentation, application monitoring and instrumentation, system monitoring and instrumentation, and resiliency and performance.
- Supports automated deployment of theme park rides.
- Authors tools and scripts to be used by others to automate repeatable production tasks in standard languages like Bash, Ruby, Python, or Go.
- Diagnoses simple to complex system problems.
- Supports and/or develops backend tools or services
- Performs and provides in-depth analysis on load test runs against a moderately complex system.
- Demonstrates exceptional troubleshooting methodology, including the ability to author and instruct new methodologies to the SRE team.
- Independently resolves moderately to highly complex system and application incidents.
- Identifies and proposes system and application fixes for performance bottlenecks.
- Evaluates new application requirements for capacity and run-time best practices.
- Evaluates new system and/or infrastructure solutions for technical feasibility against known requirements and standards.
- Handles a significant modification to workflow or technology with minimal.
Our client provides agile consulting and staffing. Helping organizations fulfill their most important initiatives and opportunities. For 30 years. From coast-to-coast.
Developing long-term relationships. Successfully retaining clients and placing consultants through multiple engagements.
Providing you with the support, care, and attention you deserve. With advocates available 24x7 to help you with questions and concerns. This personal care together with great work has resulted in a 4.4 Glassdoor rating.
Join the most talented professionals in the industry working on strategic and world-class programs.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5 or more years of experience with relevant internet technologies and with implementing, administering, and supporting production websites and backend support systems.
- Understands how to install and configure operating systems, specifically with expertise in Linux and Windows Server.
- Experience in Software Development Continuous Integration (CI) Pipeline knowledge (GitLabCI, Github Actions) and Source Control Management systems (Git).
- Expertise on at least one OS and proficient in multiple operating systems, including OS performance monitoring, setup, configuration, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in web or web server technologies: Java, Node.js, Tomcat, IIS, Apache/nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc., including being able to perform basic setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Understands internet technologies and network protocols, including HTTP, basic load balancing configurations, security zones, VIPs, SNMP, REST, and DNS.
- Experience in one or more load balancer platforms such as setting up pools, VIPs, layer 7 routings, and debugging.
- Advanced skills in at least one programming language such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, Go, Swift or C++ and able to build unit test suites for all software being developed.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?