Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Medical Assistant
, working in Healthcare Systems and Services
industry in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
- Assisting examination and treatment of patients under the direction of an urgent care provider
- Managing the check-in and registration process, interviewing patients, measuring vital signs, and managing records information on patients' charts.
- Drawing and collecting blood samples from patients and preparing specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Preparing treatment rooms for examination of patients.
Our client is committed to positive urgent care. One of the fastest growing and largest urgent care providers in the country. With 100+ locations and nearly 10 years of experience.
They know how to do it. Partnering with major health systems. Innovating the patient experience.
With the latest medical technologies. On-site imaging systems and lab services. You can be proud of where you work. Be confident in your team. When you are satisfied. Patients are satisfied.
With less bureaucracy. Less stress. Reasonable hours. A fulfilling professional life. You can have a real personal life. This is a great opportunity. Is it the right opportunity for you?
Experience Required for Your Success
- High school diploma or GED required; completion of an accredited medical assistant certification program preferred
- Applicable certification as a Medical Assistant required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and other external parties in a courteous and friendly manner at all times
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- A firm grasp on medical practices, administrative processes, and organizational policies Knowledge of patient care and examination procedures
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required or must be obtained within 6 months of hire
- One of the following certifications is required (or must obtain within 6 months of hire):
- CCMA - Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified throughNHA, National Health Career Association)
- CMA - Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants)
- RMA - Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA - National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing) Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing or LPN at the time of hire
- EMT – Emergency Medical Technician (verified through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians)
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
- NRCMA – Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (verified through the National Association for Health Professionals)
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?