This job posting is no longer active.
Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Controller
, working in Real Estate
industry in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Directs and manages internal property accounting team,
processes, and reporting
- Reviews property level monthly financial statements
which include: bank reconciliations, journal entries, income/expense accruals,
reclasses, variance analyses, balance sheet reconciliations, capital spending
and TI project reconciliations, cash flow projections.
- Assists with preparation of annual budgets and semi-annual
forecasts for existing portfolio.
- Participates in the property transactions including
acquisitions and dispositions by providing due diligence materials and / or
other financial accounting resources.
- Prepares detailed year end work papers and supporting
schedules requested by third-party tax preparers.
- Manages all property-level treasury activities and cash
- Manages job cost, budgeting, and financial reporting for
- Assists compiling support for monthly lender capital
- Oversees annual CAM / Real Estate Tax budget and
- Assists in assessing and implementing new property
accounting software and process improvements
Professional Staffing Group is one of Massachusetts’ largest staffing companies. Recruitment leaders count on us for help. You can too!
Why? Because of the great service we provide. We were the "overwhelming winner" of the first Excellence Award for Customer Acquisition and Retention. Our customers’ satisfaction means opportunity for you!
Want to work with someone who cares? We provide staffing to sponsored non-profits. Support scholarships and sponsorships. Give direct assistance to improve employability.
We care about you too! And we have the expertise to help. Do you want help with this opportunity?
Experience Required for Your Success
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance; CPA and/or Advanced Degree in
Accounting or Business preferred).
- 8+ years progressive Real Estate accounting and/or finance experience; public accounting experience as a foundation strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Excel & accounting software systems including Yardi, MRI, AvidXchange
- Ability to communicate effectively regarding accounting related matters with investors, external parties, and internal team members.
- Self-starter comfortable working within an entrepreneurial environment and assuming a strong sense of ownership over accounting-related matters.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?