Apply now and our proprietary system will quickly have you in front of a live recruiter.
We're looking for Buyer
, working in IT (excluding Telecommunication)
industry in Corvallis, Oregon, 97330, United States
- Establish and maintain purchase orders with suppliers for products and services
- Regularly monitor systems, process tasks, and respond to order requests, outstanding deliveries, etc.
- Actively communicate and collaborate with internal and external partners on schedules, status, etc.
- Resolve invoicing and or supplier payment issues
- Provide independent, analytic, and strategic support to the organization
- Solve complex issues and drives tactical and strategic initiatives, such as leading process standardizations or executing program strategies
- Identify issues and proposes solutions with limited guidance.
Our client is a 20+ year-old IT services company. Connecting IT professionals, like you, with challenging positions at great companies. Taking the time to find your best possible match.
Listening. Following through. Ensuring fit between people, cultures, and attitudes. Creating the type of environment that clients and candidates are eager to return to, again and again.
Discovering better, faster and smarter ways to work together. Consultant retention rates outpace the industry. Most client relationships are measured in decades. Sound interesting? Check this out.
Experience Required for Your Success
- A first level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced degree.
- Typically, 4-6 years of related experience in procurement or supply chain function.
- Global experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with SAP or similar MRP system.
- Strong understanding of procurement processes.
- Foundational understanding of inventory management including demand and supply variability, safety stock, etc.
- Experience with BOMs and change management processes.
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated ability to monitor multiple open items and drive to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to share data and information via documents, spreadsheets, and other tools.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement to solve problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Good understanding of corporate compliance.
- Working knowledge of contract management is a plus.
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?